20-21 March 2024
2.00 pm Nairobi Time (UTC+3) Check your local time here
In-course modules: 8 hours. Self-paced modules: 1 hour
Mahinda Wahome, Technical Key Account Manager Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda.
Mahinda is the GLOBALG.A.P.'s technical expert and trainer for the Eastern Africa Region. He joined GLOBALG.A.P. in June 2018 to support the region’s Registered Trainers, Certification Bodies, Producers and other stakeholders. He has been in the horticultural sector serving at various capacities for over 20 years. As an expert in Good Agricultural Practices, he assists producers in the certification of agricultural products in Africa ensuring they comply with the market requirements. He holds a BSc. Agriculture degree from the University of Nairobi. Mahinda is qualified in Quality Management Systems Lead Auditor certification, Crop Protection, Integrated Crop Management, and Environmental Management.
Sustainable Program for Irrigation and Groundwater Use (SPRING) is a farm-level add-on which helps you demonstrate your commitment to sustainable water management. It can be implemented together with the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA standard for Crops. This course will help you to understand how to implement the add-on.
Who should attend:
Individual producers - Option 1Multisite Producers – Option 1 with QMSProducers Groups – Option 2 with QMSAny other stakeholders in the supply chain interested in sourcing products assessed for responsible water managementfarming consultants seeking responsible water management solutions
- You will have a basic level of understanding about the SPRING add-on including the reason for its creation, its objectives and principles, and its impact.
- You will have a deeper understanding of the SPRING General Regulations.
- You will learn how the registration process, external audit process and the scoring system works.
- You will have fulfilled part of the GLOBALG.A.P. training requirements for your Farm Assurer application
- You will know the SPRING Principles and Criteria and understand the risk assessment related to water and objectives.
- This is an online live course including many interactive activities and
group work with other participants. The workshop fee includes a certificate of attendance and examination. Presentations and standard documents will be shared on this platform before the training starts.
- The maximum number of participants is 15. Acceptance is based on first-come-first-serve basis. You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon payment.
- To be able to participate in this course you will need a computer and stable internet connection. Test it here. Recommended band width:800kbps/1.0Mbps (up/down) for high quality video.
Questions? Please contact the GLOBALG.A.P. Academy
By registering for this course you agree with the GLOBALG.A.P. Terms and Conditions
for Workshop and Trainings.